1. remove downspout
2. drop gutter clip (included) in the gutter opening
3. lift the whole rain chain from top and connect the first link to the gutter clip
4. adjust the length of your rain chain by adding or removing links or cups
5. guide the end of rain chain into a rain barrel, a planter, or U-nitt copper basin (sold separately), or simply to the ground using a garden stake / hook
6. decorate the area with rocks, pebbles, water loving plants to create a sanctuary and a focal point of your front or back garden.